97.7 HTZ-FM’s Rocksearch competition, in concert with Millstreet Brewery – Poured with Purpose – is a legendary hunt for the best new Rock band across Southern Ontario. In the past, we’ve helped launch some pretty awesome Canadian Rock acts who’ve gone on to be some of the biggest around, including Finger Eleven, The Trews, The Standstills and The Glorious Sons!
HOW IT WORKS
1. Read the Official Contest Rules & Regulations.
2. Upload three (3) original songs to your Soundcloud Profile. We recommend creating a private playlist for this, as the songs need to be available to us for download in the event you make it through to the voting round. Please see FAQ for additional information.
3. Visit our Rocksearch Entry Page (this one) and complete the entry form (below) before April 3rd, 2020 at 5pm ET including your band biography, link to your Soundcloud, contact information, band image, social media and more.
THE TOP 16 ANNOUNCEMENT
4. Our panel of judges will review all submissions between April 3rd, 2020 and April 9th, 2020 to narrow them down to the TOP 16.
5. April 9th, 2020 – Soper & Brown will announce the TOP 16 LIVE on 97.7 HTZ-FM (around 8am)
6. April 14th, 2020 – April 26th, 2020 Starting at 9am on April 14th, we will make the TOP 16 entries, including the 3 songs you uploaded to Soundcloud available on our website. Listeners and fans are encouraged to visit htzfm.com to listen to the entries and then vote for their favourite band by (*1)texting their corresponding keyword to 977977. 8 of these entries will move on to the TOP 8 LIVE semi-final competition.
7. April 27th, 2020 – Soper & Brown will announce the TOP 8 LIVE on 97.7 HTZ-FM (around 8am)
8. May 8th, 2020 & May 15th, 2020 – The Top 8 will compete in one of our 2 semi final showcases at Warehouse Concert Hall in St. Catharines.
9. May 19th, 2020 – Top 4 finalists will be announced on the radio with Soper & Brown.
10. May 22nd, 2020 – These 4 finalists will compete LIVE in our final showcase at Warehouse Concert Hall in St. Catharines.